Spotlight on Tabs3 Accounts Payable…Would you like to:
• See your bank balance while entering invoices?
• Print a check from the Dashboard?
• And you already knew about the EFT option, right? 🙂
The February 2020 update did all of that – and the most recent updates have done even more!
Check it out!
For more information on Tabs3 Accounting contact us today.
You probably already own the tools! If you’re using Tabs3 or if you’re already using PracticeMaster, it’s worthwhile to find out what else it can do!
Did you know you could use Tabs3 PracticeMaster for:
2. Email Management
3. Marketing Management
4. Collections Management
Now, don’t get me wrong, PracticeMaster is not going to compete with a full-bodied document management system like iManage, Worldox or NetDocuments (though it DOES integrate with those systems); but if you’re a smaller firm with a commitment to deploying document management in your firm, PracticeMaster offers an inexpensive solution. I use it myself and I love it!
How to Replicate Contacts in PracticeMaster
When setting up spouses, family members or members of an organization, it is useful to be able to duplicate the original record and make minor changes to the copy rather than typing the same information in over again.
To Replicate a Contact in PracticeMaster, Follow the Steps Below:
- Open the contact list and select the contact that you wish to duplicate (the company or husband, for example)
- Right-click on the entry and select “Replicate”
- Enter the Contact ID for this new record – if it is a member of an organization, use the Last/First name Model (i.e. Jones/Mary R.)
- Click on OK
- Edit the record as needed and click on “Save”
Tabs3 Version 18 Updates
If you have put off your Tabs3 Version 18 updates because of the changes made to the productivity reports, now is the time to get it done!
As a reminder, all period-based reports (primarily the productivity reports) are now date-based. In addition, they can also be run for previous years. In Version 18 the figures on these reports are calculated using the statement date and no longer rely on the current reporting month.
This change will allow for more accurate reporting, however the updates are retroactive and the transition month is important.
Please contact Monica D’Amore with questions or to schedule the updates and a brief overview of the changes.
Click here for more information on Version 18
How to Customize the Client Manager Icons in Tabs3
1. Open the Client Manager and Click on Customize
2. Choose an Icon or Blank Space to Replace and Click on It
3. Locate the New Program from the List, Click Once on It and then Click on OK
4. Click on Run
5. You Will be Prompted to Save When You Close the Client Manager
Frustrated with Your Practice Management Software?
Does this describe you?
- Have it, no one uses it.
- Have it, hate it.
- Have it, don’t know what all of the fuss is about!
- What is practice management software?
- What are we paying all of this money for??True or False: That’s for the big firms.
- False! The smaller we are the more efficient we have to be!Want to learn more about PracticeMaster? Contact Monica D’Amore today to schedule a demo.
Create Labels in MS Word from an Excel Spreadsheet
To Create Labels in MS Word from an Excel Spreadsheet, Follow the Steps Below:
I have created a short video which outlines the instructions for merging names and addresses from an Excel spreadsheet into pre-formatted labels in MS Word.
My example uses Avery labels, however, MS Word supports a variety of label types.
Before beginning you will want to have an Excel spreadsheet set up with your contact names and addresses. If you are a PracticeMaster user, look for additional videos in this newsletter on how to copy your contact names and addresses into Excel.
Use the first row of your spreadsheet to enter column headers such as: First Name, Last Name, Company Name, Address, City, State & Zip as shown below. This makes it easier to match the fields for your label format.
How to Create Labels in MS Word from an Excel Spreadsheet
How to Filter the Contacts List for Holiday Cards
How to Change the Way Your Client List Looks in PracticeMaster
Do all the words blend together when you’re looking at your client list in PracticeMaster?
Wish there was a way to make the list easier to read?
Here’s a tip that will do just that!
- Display the list that you want to customize
- Display the QuickClicks menu
- Expand the “Customize Current View” section
- Click on “List Preferences”
- Select your desired row height and choose colors for your line text and background
- Click on OK
NOTE: Softer colors are easier on the eyes
PDF’s Made Easy in Tabs3 & PracticeMaster
Did you know that selecting “DropBox” in the print dialog automatically creates a PDF file that is immediately ready to email?
Find something to print (I’m using the Recap of Hours Report)
Click on “DropBox” from the print dialog box
Click on OK
When the DropBox appears, click once on the listed item
Then click on the envelope icon on the toolbar to open Outlook – the document will be attached
NOTE: If the DropBox does not appear or if it goes away, look for the icon in your system tray
NOTE: You can rename the file by right-clicking (ie. John Berk Statement No. 12345.pdf)